Good evening NV Dems SCC members,
The third State Central Committee meeting of 2021 will take place on Saturday, September 18, 2021. We will be voting on multiple motions as well as electing a new Treasurer during that meeting. This meeting will be a hybrid format which will offer both in-person and virtual means to attend. Here are the details:
WHEN: Saturday, September 18, 2021
TIME: 1:00 pm PDT
VIRTUAL: Zoom Video Conference
IN-PERSON LOCATION: TBA, Las Vegas, NV
ELECTION DOCUMENTS: Candidate filing begins Monday, August 30, 2021 at 9:00 am PDT and ends on Friday, September 3, 2021 at 5:00 PM. Important documents include the election rules and nomination form. Nomination forms should be sent to [email protected] These documents and information about the candidates can also be found on the NV Dems website.
MEETING DOCUMENTS: Documents are linked at the end of this email.
ATTENDING? Please RSVP here. The deadline to register is Wednesday, September 15 at 5:00 pm PDT.
- Virtually: If you RSVP to attend virtually, you will receive your unique Zoom link and credentials via e-mail by Friday, September 17, 2021.
- In-Person: If you RSVP to attend in-person, you will receive a follow-up email with instructions on how to submit scans of your vaccination card for verification. You MUST provide that information no later than Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 9pm. Only members who are fully vaccinated may attend in person. If you are approved to attend in person, you will receive a confirmation email on Friday, September 17, 2021. If you fail to submit your proof of vaccination by Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 9pm PDT, or if you are not approved to attend in person, your RSVP status will be switched to virtual attendance, and you will receive a unique zoom link and credentials via e-mail by Friday, September 17, 2021.
CAN’T ATTEND? Make sure to send in a proxy so your absence can be excused and someone can vote when permissible on your behalf. The deadline to submit your proxy is Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 9:00 am PDT.
GUESTS/NON-MEMBERS: State Central Committee meetings are always open to registered Democrats who wish to observe. However, seating for guests is very limited in this virtual setting. If you are a non-member interested in attending, please RSVP and follow the deadline instructions noted below. Guest access will be granted on a space-available basis and once full, no other guests will be seated. As a reminder, only state central committee members may participate in discussion and business before the committee.
ADDITIONAL MEETINGS: The Executive Board, Rural Nevada Democratic Caucus, Young Democrats of Nevada, Nevada Democratic Black Caucus, and Nevada Statewide Native American Caucus will meet prior to the general meeting. State Central Committee members are welcome to attend any of those meetings as space is available but not required.
- Candidate Filing: Send your nomination forms to [email protected] by Friday, September 3, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- Registration: RSVP and register for the meeting no later than Wednesday, September 15 at 5:00 pm PDT.
- Proof of Vaccination (in-person only): Submit proof of vaccination by Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 9pm.
- Submit your proxy: If you are unable to attend the meeting, please submit a proxy so your attendance is excused and your voice may be heard in all permissible voting matters. Proxies will be accepted until 9:00 am. PDT on Thursday, September 16, 2021.
On behalf of Chairwoman Judith Whitmer, officers, and the entire executive board of the Nevada State Democratic Party, we look forward to seeing you soon!
Review these documents in advance of the meeting.
Motions to Amend the Bylaws