Danny Tarkanian is on his way to West Palm Beach, Florida today for a fundraiser with Roger Stone, the nation’s most infamous and despised political consultant.
Roger Stone is known for his advocacy for dishonesty and dirty tricks in American politics, summed up in his infamous quote: “admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack.” Stone was a minor player in the Nixon Watergate scandal, and bragged to the New Yorker about his participation in the Nixon dirty trick machine. Stone has said that he believes the October 1st shooting massacre in Las Vegas is a government conspiracy.
Roger Stone is purportedly under investigation for his involvement with the Russian government’s hacking of Democrats in the 2016 election. Stone said publicly that “Robert Mueller is coming for me.” Stone’s former business partner, Paul Manafort, has already been tried and convicted for his illegal business dealing with the Russian government, and has since begun cooperating with the Mueller investigation.
Nevada State Democratic Party spokesperson Michael Soneff released the following statement:
“Roger Stone has made a career out of corrupting American elections and lying to voters. What does it say about Danny Tarkanian that in the closing days of his campaign, he is flying across the country for Roger Stone’s help?”
Background on Danny Tarkanian’s Scandals:
- Danny received a $16 million bailout from the FDIC for a failed “equestrian destination resort” in California.
- Danny helped to set up a series of telemarketing companies that scammed senior citizens.
- Danny borrowed $200,000 against his parents’ life insurance policy without their knowledge.
- Danny ran up a $161,000 operating deficit running a children’s basketball charity, while drawing $289,000 in salary.
- Danny funneled $40,000 from a children’s basketball charity into one of his political campaigns.
- Danny’s real estate businesses racked up significant penalties from the IRS, including $23,000 in back taxes, interest, penalties, and fees.
- Danny was implicated in an academic fraud scheme that resulted in penalties from the NCAA.
- Danny was sanctioned by the Nevada State Bar for failing to comply with a court order and for practicing law without an active license.
- Danny was fired from a telemarketing/long-distance phone company for allegedly forging a customer’s Social Security number and signature.
- Danny was successfully sued for malpractice after costing a small business owner his livelihood.
- Danny was a moderator for a racist Facebook group.