Less than one year ago, the Dean Heller campaign released a summary of the damning details in a malpractice lawsuit against Danny Tarkanian for work he did as an attorney.
From Dean Heller’s website, DannyTarkanianNews.com:
“In what can be described as a rare and extreme measure by the courts, professional politician Danny Tarkanian has been successfully sued for legal malpractice after applying for and obtaining the wrong permits for a client in the wrong jurisdiction, costing the client their business and their investment. The client spent nearly $240,000 setting up a business that had to be closed shortly after it opened. When Tarkanian discovered he’d made the error that would cost his client their business, he decided to hide it while continuing to charge his client for other legal work. His incompetence cost the client their livelihood. Tarkanian was forced to pay his former client $35,000 for his malpractice. When confronted with the story, Tarkanian, called the issue a ‘nuisance.’ His professional failure cost a Nevadan his business and livelihood and Tarkanian considers the transgression a personal nuisance to him.”
A copy of the malpractice lawsuit against Tarkanian can be found here.
Nevada State Democratic Party spokesperson Michael Soneff released the following statement:
“Danny Tarkanian has scammed and cheated everyone he has ever worked with–from business partners and clients to a children’s charity and the federal government. In this case, Danny’s shoddy work, followed by his dishonesty, led to the destruction of a small business and disaster for his client. On November 6, voters will once again find Danny Tarkanian to be an unrepentant scam artist unfit for public office.”
Background on Danny Tarkanian’s Scandals:
- Danny received a $16 million bailout from the FDIC for a failed “equestrian destination resort” in California.
- Danny helped to set up a series of telemarketing companies that scammed senior citizens.
- Danny borrowed $200,000 against his parents’ life insurance policy without their knowledge.
- Danny ran up a $161,000 operating deficit running a children’s basketball charity, while drawing $289,000 in salary.
- Danny funneled $40,000 from a children’s basketball charity into one of his political campaigns.
- Danny’s real estate businesses racked up significant penalties from the IRS, including $23,000 in back taxes, interest, penalties, and fees.
- Danny was implicated in an academic fraud scheme that resulted in penalties from the NCAA.
- Danny was sanctioned by the Nevada State Bar for failing to comply with a court order and for practicing law without an active license.
- Danny was fired from a telemarketing/long-distance phone company for allegedly forging a customer’s Social Security number and signature.
- Danny was successfully sued for malpractice after costing a small business owner his livelihood.
- Danny was a moderator for a racist Facebook group.