According to new reporting, Danny Tarkanian was fired from a job at Excel Communications for forging the Social Security number and signature of a customer who claimed that they never signed up for the service Danny was selling. Danny was a salesman at Excel Communications, selling long distance telephone service. At least one customer filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) alleging that they had been signed up for the service without their permission (a practice known as “slamming” customers). Excel Communications claimed that Danny Tarkanian likely forged the customer’s signature and Social Security number in order to sign them up for service. The FCC fined Excel $40,000 for the infraction. The allegations are contained in court documents from a lawsuit between Danny and Excel Communications.
You can find a video of the news story here: https://youtu.be/6_8PqB5hI5w
Nevada State Democratic Party spokesperson Michael Soneff released the following statement:
“Danny Tarkanian’s alleged actions in this case appear to be unethical, immoral, and possibly criminal. Danny has a long and sordid history with telemarketing scams, including helping to set up companies that scammed senior citizens into donating to fake non-profit organizations. This latest scandal is another indication that Danny Tarkanian is completely unfit to represent Nevadans.”
Background on Danny Tarkanian’s Scandals:
- Danny received a $16 million bailout from the FDIC for a failed “equestrian destination resort” in California.
- Danny helped to set up a series of telemarketing companies that scammed senior citizens.
- Danny borrowed $200,000 against his parents’ life insurance policy without their knowledge.
- Danny ran up a $161,000 operating deficit running a children’s basketball charity, while drawing $289,000 in salary.
- Danny funneled $40,000 from a children’s basketball charity into one of his political campaigns.
- Danny’s real estate businesses racked up significant penalties from the IRS, including $23,000 in back taxes, interest, penalties, and fees.
- Danny was implicated in an academic fraud scheme that resulted in penalties from the NCAA.
- Danny was sanctioned by the Nevada State Bar for failing to comply with a court order and for practicing law without an active license.