It’s been a year since Sen. Dean Heller and his Republican colleagues started trying to repeal and undermine the Affordable Care Act in earnest… and the fallout of their toxic health care agenda has been a catastrophe. Thanks to this Heller-supported agenda, millions more are without health insurance, families are facing skyrocketing costs, and the exchanges are being destabilized by partisan politics.
Under President Trump and GOP control of Congress, the uninsured rate is spiking and millions of Americans have lost their health insurance.
- The Hill: Poll finds 4M lost health insurance in last two years
- The Fiscal Times: 4 Million More Uninsured as Trump Chips Away at Obamacare
Trump’s former Secretary of Health and Human Services admitted that the GOP tax bill’s individual mandate repeal will increase health care costs and hurt people on the exchange.
- USA Today: Former HHS Sec. Price: Repealing the individual mandate ‘will harm’ people insured through Obamacare
- Washington Post: Trump’s former health secretary: Americans will pay more because GOP weakened Obamacare
- Washington Times: Repeal of Obamacare mandate will drive up costs: Tom Price
- Vox: Trump’s ex-health secretary accidentally told the truth about Obamacare repeal
One of the nation’s leading ACA insurers said things are ‘materially worse’ because of the Trump administration’s efforts to systematically undermine the health care system.